<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

THE MUMMY`S CURSE 

Yet again I was in the local Health Centre, this time with an infected insect bite, which resembled Mt Vesuvius in full eruption. The doctor looked at it, uttered the diagnosis "That`s horrible!", and sent me over, with a hefty antibiotic prescription, to have it dressed.

After a mere two hours, I was seen by a little grey-haired nurse, who applied a soft dressing and then began to bandage my foot. She bandaged and bandaged, on and on, and I could see that it would take a size 12 to fit the white monstrosity my foot had now become. I could imagine just what her role had been in a previous life, under the Pharaohs....

In the hope of stopping the endless flow of material, I complimented her on her skill with bandages.

"Yes, she said, "those young nurses just aren`t taught these things any more. There`s a certain knack to bandages."

She stared at my foot thoughtfully.

"Mind you, the one thing I was never so good at bandaging was stumps....."

I got out of there as quickly as I could.

I go back tomorrow.

I hope I come out with both feet.....
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?