<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

UPDATE 

Haven`t been here for a while.  Still struggling on , though.

Kaiju and Figaro have blossomed. Kaiju has had a good and successful time at shows. However, they are not with me at the moment.  They are both with a friend, who is suffering their endless and very active play.

The brothers are still devoted to each other.  Put them together and they are rolling about , wrestling and barking.  I have never seen this before.  I cast my mind back, and I remember Florian and Marcus as young brothers, looking sideways with obvious contempt at each other – Florian saw Marcus as a pushy young nuisance, while Marcus saw Florian, who was, to be fair, a lazy and distracted youth, as an idiot.    Marcus turned into a showy little person, devoted to bitches.  He would go up to strangers and ask to sit on their knee and be very attentive.    “Isn`t he sweet!”  they would say.    And I would ask if they had a bitch in season at home.    How did I know?    Well, I didn`t but Marcus did.    And he would like to go home with them.     

Florian, on the other hand, grew up to climb trees.

But Kaiju and Figaro are simply very affectionate.

Kaiju is away to be shown at events I can`t get to, for reasons which will become evident in a moment.


Kaiju just 11 months



Figaro, alas, has gone for remedial education.  He has decided that  his future will be The World According  To Figaro.   He will do what he likes.  And if he finds showing a bore, he will just sit down in the ring…or possibly lie down, to really make the point.  I am hoping this is just adolescent nonsense, as he is a very pretty and showy young person, and in no way a Bad Dog.    Meanwhile my good friend is suffering the two of them racketing about the house and inviting her well-behaved Papillons to join them in riotous games. (And they don`t need to be asked twice).


Figaro, behaving for once


Meanwhile Tess Trueheart is awaiting a happy event.  And I am hoping desperately that she will not choose to have them on Christmas day, when vets and help are not available.


Watch this space….
Comments:
it is always such a treat to get an update- good luck with the soon-to-arrive puppies, and a very joyful holiday season to all there-

best regards-
barb in texas
 
It is wonderful to read an update! I hope that Tess does not run into delivery problems over Christmas.
Is absolutely everything Veterinary closed? Is it possible to arrange for transport to a Vet Emergency Clinic if something happens? (Is that just a San Francisco Bay Area 'thing'?) I had to take my mini Dachshund to the ER Vet when I was on vacation. I was happy to find a clinic within a reasonable distance. I just needed to give them my entire vacation budget. The Red Menace recovered nicely.
Your young dogs seem to be having lots of fun at your friend's home.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Janet, Lee Roy (16 yo Papillon) and Wilbur (12 yo Miniature Dachshund AKA the Red Menace)
 
Christmas day and still no puppies! She had her breakfast and a lot of mine and is asleep.
My vet is very nice, and I could have him come out to the surgery, but I would feel bad about it.
Thank you! and Merry Christmas!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?