<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Friday, April 02, 2004

No blog for over a week due to illness. Everyone I know in dogs seems to be ill, and one died. She wants her favourite bitch put down and buried with her. Everyone disgusted by this. Feel they should be grateful that she didn`t request same for some of her family, with which she didn`t get on, to put it mildly .

I`m not sure I understand the mentality of wanting this, even though I have known the woman for years. Is it in expectation of an afterlife in which she will have the dog aways with her? If so, would the dog be likely to feel immense gratitude for being put down? People have strange notions of aferlives, (about which, of course there can be no argument) and I have one friend who lives in firm expectation of harps and winged angels. I have strong reservations about an afterlife, but find it best to keep this to myself when the subject crops up.

Meanwhile I`m waiting for Vomit to pop. No sign of puppies yet, and we are approaching that desert of lack of vets, the weekend. Why do bitches have a yearning to produce puppies at 3am on Sunday morning? My Old Lady always used to produce about noon. To her litters meant Really Big Dinners, and I always used to think she timed it this way to fit in one RBD before bedtime. I always feel more capable during the day - 3am briongs out the worst in my inadequacies, and I have sympathy for the poor soul who in desperation called for help on the net at 1am a short time ago when his bitch got into difficulties.

The puppy went. A family of seven arrived, and she went off with them, tail wagging, dog chew clamped in the little jaws, You could see she needed the excitement of a big family - she had been bored here. Her mother misses her.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?