<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Thursday, March 11, 2004

RABBIT RUN 

Dusk last night, and two dogs missing. They have free running in a wide space, but two had found a hole into the next field and were off down the valley. Sig and her evil mother - might have known. Penned the others in the bottom dogrun and set off down the valley and across the fields, shouting loudly. Darker and darker as I ploughed through brambles and scrub. Then I spotted them, crouching in a hollow. The white on them shone like a beacon in the late twilight, but I suppose in their subconscious minds they are agouti coloured like their wild ancestors and so very camouflaged, and when they actually saw me, having heard me for at least half an hour previously, the evil 2 hid. I was furious.

Got up to them and the secret was revealed - they were eating a rabbit. Had they caught it or found it? Never mind, they will be well wormed tomorrow. Sig legged it home, but her mother just stood, full of guilt - yes I did it and I`m, really sorry you caught me. Lugged her home - uphill all the way. A dog is man`s best friend........

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?