<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ONE SWALLOW DOESN`T MAKE A SUMMER?

Well, it`s certainly hot enough for summer. Indeed the last 7 days are probably all the summer we will get. I made the most of them, and so did the dogs, relaxing in the shade.

And to add to the effect, the swallows are back. Yet again I can`t use the workshop. There is a small broken window, and by now the outbuilding will be full of nests. It`s out of bounds until the young are flying, preparing for Africa.

I have one solitary. I can`t quite work out what`s wrong, but it sits alone on the roof or the aerial, and doesn`t go hoovering midges with the others. I suspect there is a wing problem.....or perhaps it is the one swllow that doesn`t make a summer....

One thing is missing from this hot late spring. It used to be that the cotoneasters , which are in flower, would be covered in bees, and you could hear the gentle hum from yards away.

Not this year. No bees.

I have had problems with bees in the past, but I really like them. And I miss having them around.

I hope it isn`t a symptom of the world decline in bee populations.

We really need our bees.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?