<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

ALL GO! 

Well, I managed all of it and I`m still on my feet. I have posted pictures of the baptism of young Logan to prove -

1. That sometimes I do quite normal things

and

2. That I have quite normal, nay, respectable relatives.

However none of them ran off from the groaning post-baptism buffet table and champagne to wash two dogs and pack endless grooming tools and potions into well-used bags, while encouraging a sulky Florian who has resented his extrovert brother Marcus` visit, (and especially the blatant theft of his special green ball.) Then a 2.30am bus pick up at the lonely car park, wondering if I had remembered all those pills the doctor had told me to stay at home and take.

And it turned out a good day, with both boys doing well. Marcus, fresh from mating a bitch a few days ago, had lost weight and was now casting so badly that every time the comb went through his coat we all seemed to be living in a snowglobe.

I mentioned to another exhibitor that he seemed to have decided that you go on a diet and take all your clothes off for sex - a great idea for people, but distinctly counterproductive for a show Papillon.

"Not my lad!" she said. "Quick as he can and then he`d want a fag and a fish supper."

We both looked down at her happy, furry tailwagging lump.

"And he`d absolutely never take his socks off..."
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?