<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Saturday, April 30, 2005

FUTURE PROMISE 

I make no apology for yet more cute pictures. Camilla and Mr Lentil are doing well. They have dipped their tiny paws in the stormy waters of the training class, awash with fearsome new creatures like Pom puppies, and aquitted themselves very well.

Mr Lentil appears to be what we call “a showing fool”. This means that whenever he is in doubt (which is often as he is none too bright) he automatically falls into a perfect show pose. He was not sure about the lead until I introduced him to little pieces of Tesco Economy Polony Sausage. This noxious mix of anonymous meat and additives is definitely not for human consumption, but to dogs it is ambrosia and after one tiny taste Mr Lentil indicated that he would face anything for it, up to and including vivisection. I waved a bit in front of him and he trotted happily after it on the lead, head up and eyes closed as he sniffed with all his might.

Camilla was not so sure that I could buy her with food, but after watching others walk on the lead you could see her realising that this thing round the neck was obviously this spring`s musthave among puppies, and she came after me with the distracted look and wandery gait of a teenager mastering her first really high heels.

A lot more training lies ahead.

Artemis gets fatter by the day and screams in fury whenever her mother dares to leave her alone for a minute. Fenella is delighted with her.

That`s my puppy quota for this season.

Now I know there`s something else going on…….

Oh yes. An election.

I will vote – women died to get me that vote – but it`s a dreary old choice this time round. The Liar, the Neocon, the Buffoon. And a very sad, tired Nationalist agenda. I suppose we should take heart that the choice isn`t worse, or that we don`t live in an African dictatorship.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?