<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

NEW HORIZONS 

I`ve been delighted and fascinated by the pictures from Titan. There`s somethng called a "sense of wonder" and this result from such a fragile probe so far away really calls it up. It must be the old human imperative to explore, to see what`s over the next hill. And to think that part of it was British - and it actually worked! (Rumour has it that the British part depended entirely on 3 duracell AA batteries. I believe this implicitly.)

As to your comments on the last post - well I`ve learned that there is a substantial support out there for the view that natural disasters should be welcomed as a convenient way of culling excess population, and even some for Harry; that I am an evil old hag who threatens insecure puny manhood - you got that right, son! - and sadly that there is still prejudice against those who suffer from mental disorders. Nothing new there then.

Let me end the whole thing by saying something about blogs.

Blogs are anonymous. They stand alone.

In a blog you ARE what you SAY. Not what your friends say you are. Be judged by what you say.

I say we should do all we can to support the tsunami victims. I say Harry was wrong and stupid. I say certain young males can be a pain in the neck.

That`s all, folks. End of the episode.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?