<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Friday, January 14, 2005

ROGUE MALES 

Puppy Diamond is driving me up the wall. The weather doesn`t allow him out much, and he is compensating by systematic house destruction. Nothing is safe. Typical young male.

I`m feeling very anti young males at the moment. I looked in on a blog called "The Passions of the Chris" - no I`m not providing a link to this trash - and found this on the tsunami victims and their need:

"But put things in perspective. There's 6 billion of us at last count and its rising – FAST!!! This disaster is barely a blip, its 0.0017% Its utterly insignificant. I'm not saying this isn't bad. Of course it is. But people die. They do it all the time. For a mirriad of reasons, the truth is they don't die fast enough. How many people died of Aids today? How many have died of hunger and disease? How many in the last decade have been murdered by acts of violence, war or organised religious/tribal slaughter/genocide. Do you know? I don't. Has it made any difference. I say not. There's still too many of us. "

This is typically Young Male. If it didn`t actually happen to him, it`s no more real than Spiderman. And of course he can rationalise all the world`s problems with a few statistics - numbers are so much more real, after all.........

Another rogue male has been in the headllines. Harry`s problem is a similar variant. Basically he is a wanker, with all the intellect of a lentil. He`s typical of the gaggle of chinless wonders who trail up to St Andrews every year because not even money and favour could get them into Oxbridge. (Have you guessed yet that I`m not exactly a monarchist?)

Of course he dressed up as Hitler. Hitler`s just a cartoon figure to him. Like Spiderman. He doesn`t know that neo-Nazis are alive and well out there, and probably pinnning pictures of him on their wall at this minute. He doesn`t even remember that certain members of his family had a relationship with Hitler best swept under the carpet.

Imagine the rollercoaster ride of doing PR for the prince. You sweat to set up manifestly fake photo opportunities presenting him as a caring thoughtful youg man then - duh! - the real Harry drags its knuckles onto the scene and the whole house of cards collapses - again.

I don`t know any members of the Royal Family. I do know three people who survived concentration camps, and I used to know one who was part of the clean-up squad at Belsen.

I can`t think how you would begin to make the Harrys of this world aware of the realities of something like that. Young rogue males, especially if they`re Royals, don`t do reality.

In the world of dogs, young problem males are best neutered and found caring experienced and firm owners............

Any takers for Chris and Harry?
Comments:
I have five brothers, and that suggestion has often been made :)
 
Chris points out in his post that you can't have read all the comments in his tsunami post. If you had, you would have seen his point. As he points out in his (rather impassioned) response, you don't know him. You don't know what he has or hasn't been through. Yet, you judge him. In fact, you even wish harm on him and those around him. Who's the "nasty piece of work"?

Apparently, people like Chris and Harry act like they do because they've not suffered. You do recall Harry having to cope with the very public separation and divorce of his parents, don't you? I believe his mum died when he was fairly young, also.

I'm a young male. Would you care to generalise about me?
 
Hello Ms. Stereotyping-Embittered-Female, who is so caught up in being bitter towards guys that you can't take a joke, how does it feel to be you? A horrible thing happened, and many people lost their lives, but does it mean that we're completely disallowed of cracking a smile in order to deal with it? Maybe I say this because I live in what used to be in the shadows of the Twin Towers and I have worked with refugees from war-torn countries, but if there isn't Humor no one would ever be able to mentally survive trauma.

Also, cut the crap with the simplistic view of the world through gendered glasses. It might mean something in the world of puppies, but for humans it is just a lame blanket statement that loses all meaning. If you want to support the reinforcement of simplistic gender roles, I have a kitchen just waiting for you to be barefoot and pregnant in, bitch.
 
Spiderman isn't real.
Fuck.
Tell me it aint so. For the love of Puppy Diamond tell me it ain't so!!!!!
 
OK, so I'll tone myself down a little before I post this. I can't believe how rude you are. Chris has never done a thing to you... I admit that I was the first person to kick off about his comments, but that is only because he is a very close friend of mine and I know that he would never have meant it in a callous or nasty way. I am shocked that a person could be so rude to someone that they know nothing about.

AND then.... to suggest he has some sort of mental illness and still call him arrogant and selfish and nasty piece of work and wishing "harsh life experience" on him.... what the hell is that anyways are you some sort of white witch or voodoo lady or something. I'm sure Chris has made it clear on many occasions that he doesn't write his blog to please people. He is entitled to his opinion, and you don't have to read it. If you read all of the post, EVEN if you are as slow as me you would realise what was meant. So f*** if he didn't express it very well.

Right! Now for Harry. Let the lad live.... for the love of God. He was at a private party, sure it was misguided in his position, but if it wasn't for the media, really who would care!?
 
Well, Elizabeth, I think as all of your new "fans" have pointed out, Chris can write what he likes, as it's his blog.

Seeing this is YOUR blog, you may do the same.

As for me, I pointed out at the beginning of my writing that if I thought someone was a fucktard I would delete their comments, so if someone feels like following my link they may well find their 'right' to free speech is retarded. Or constricted, constrained, denied. Call it what you will. If it pisses me off, I shall remove it from my blog. This ain't no fucking democracy, baby.

If you're offended by their comments, well, that option remains to you ... and if I were you I'd do it.

I'm sorry they've chosen to attack you for breeding dogs to sell. Hell, at least it's better than breeding them to eat. Being both a meat eater and a pet owner, I appreciate both commercial ventures but I accept that I'm a barbarian and I promise never to eat one of your dogs. They look a little bony anyhow *g*

And Chris should maybe learn how to spell. Or even write interestingly. Yeah, that would help.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?