<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Monday, September 25, 2006

HAT TRICK 

I`m off to a wedding today. It`s Amanda`s second - I seem to remember her first marriage lasting all of five minutes -could it be that I`m getting a tad cynical...?

Another guest phoned me and we discussed What To Wear at length.

"Are you doing the Hat Thing?" she asked.

I assured her I wasn`t. (You don`t want ever to see me in a hat.)

"I`m certainly not doing the Hat Thing." she said. "Not for Amanda`s second attempt."

I suggested that she made it sound a bit like a driving test.

"Amanda was much better at driving" she said firmly.

"We should leave the Hat Thing to her mother, " I proposed.

"Yes - we could do with a laugh at this junket."

I have a feeling that at the reception bets will be taken openly and loudly on the probable duration of the vows. Watch this space for a full report.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?