<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Friday, July 01, 2005

IDENTITY CRISIS 

I`ve been filling in forms to register the dogs with the Irish Kennel Club and wading through questions about previous registrations and microchipping. It didn`t take long for my mind to wander off into the spreading minefield of Tony`s Identity Cards.

I`ve said often that I don`t understand the man. What would possess him to hitch his creaky wagon to this fading star?

The last time we had Identity Cards , no-one carried them except those who were using forged ones for a nefarious purpose....and there were a lot of those.

This time I understand I`ll have to carry one if I want to take out a library book.

But by the time I`ve paid my three hundred and am carrying this beauty equipped with retinal scan, fingerprints, toeprints, pubic hair samples and a download of the Crazy Frog, I can guarantee you three things:

1. It`ll be cloned within a year.

2. The terrorists we are all to fear will be willing to pay handsomely for the best of the forgeries.

3. The local numpt -sorry, council, will have got hold of all the data encrypted on it and will be selling it everywhere.

Maybe Tony should just have us all tattooed with a barcode on the forehead. (Terrorist suspects could be hauled into the nearest Tesco and scanned at the checkout.)

Or we could be microchipped.

I know how to microchip a dog. Humans can`t be much different.

Anyone who wants to win the fight against terror with Tony and be ahead of the trend, just give me a call........
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?