<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Thursday, June 30, 2005

G8 

I`m thinking about going through to Edinburgh to support the G8 march, although my chest is acting up a bit.

The purpose of marches is intimidation. You flaunt your numbers and dare others to tangle with you. In the case of this kind of march, the object is to intimidate the government - and I`m all in favour of Westminster running scared. A pity that other governments won`t be so impressed.

We never seem quite to get it off the ground when it comes to Africa. We have spasms of pouring in money but somehow it runs away into the sand. And yet we have to keep trying.

I don`t pretend that it`s possible to make poverty history. But I`d like to be counted as someone aware of the problem who at least tried.

Finallly, the huge space at the beginning of this blog is Blogger`s fault, not mine. And their fix doesn`t work. Just remember to scroll down, folks.
Comments:
There be a proper fix - you can now turn OFF the option that introduces that big space! Yay.

Details on my site.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?