<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Sunday, January 25, 2009

TRULY CIVILISED 

I had to leave the dogs for a day last week. I came home to the alarm racketing on and a worried police presence.

I opened the door and out popped Truly.

She had discovered that in the front of her large crate there is a little hatch for providing food. Not too little for our Truly. She had squeezed out at 11.40am (that`s the first time the alarm was logged as going off.) No doubt some time was spent sneering at the others who were still confined - then I think she had spent the day in my bed, judging by the warm Truly-sized dent I found in the middle.

There was the slight problem of the call of nature. No problem to our Truly. Truly uses the bathroom, like any civilised person.

I discovered this when she had her litter - they were kept in my bedroom, on the other side of the bed from the door, in a large box with a clamshell lid. I was awakened during the first night by Truly walking over me. She opened the lid, climbed up on the bed, jumped down on the other side , opened the bedroom door, went across the hall and visited the bathroom - then made the return journey, crossed the bed, jumped down, opened the clamshell lid and popped back in with the puppies. I suggested that she could at least have closed the doors behind her, and was favoured with the intensly smug look I know so well....

So throughout the day when I was away she had visited the bathroom, leaving small deposits - and setting off the alarm again each time.

Truly was quite uinrepentant. She had had a lovely day.

So much so that at the next show she sulked and pouted and made it clear that there were better ways of spending a day than posing in the ring.

And looking at the way the judging went that day, I had to admit that she had something there.
Comments:
Now if you could just train her to flush and put the lid down again...
 
We are working on it - problem is that Truly would expect a servant to do that for her...
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?