<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Friday, December 23, 2005

FIRE FESTIVAL 

Well, I suppose that if you go back far enough you find that Christmas is fitted over an ancient midwinter fire festival. So it should have come as no surprise that to celebrate the season someone saw fit to set fire to the ruined cottage next door again.

I was on my way out with Celeste to have her arthritis checked. No sane taxi driver would brave the inferno, so I set out on foot, and had to edge past the blaze. As I hiked to the end of the road, I was met by two fire engines. I told them the fire had been set, and headed off up the hill. Celeste was by now obeying the law of physics that states that the weight of an item increases exponentially with the distance carried....

Trailing back in the dark, I found the road still blocked by two brightly-lit appliances. Totally blocked. An obliging and possibly slightly mad fireman eventually carried me round via the ditch, while another lugged Celeste.

In the cold light of day I discovered that the road was not only flooded but virtually destroyed in one soft place by the heavy vehicles, and I am now cut off for Christmas - unless you have four wheel drive, or preferably caterpillar tracks. Or waders. Or a helicopter.

Not many of my friends have helicopters.

All very festive.
Comments:
Oh hell, I'm sorry. Um, are you perhaps reconsidering your decision to live in comparative isolation?

Hey! Hook the dogs up to a little sled and slide over the mud!
 
HA! I'll bet the Paps would just be incredibly enthusiastic about that...
"You go ahead, and I'll keep this spot on the sofa nice and warm for you until you get back".
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?