<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

WORLDCON REVISITED 

Back to Worldcon, bursting with people and full of interest.

And incidentally, full of older people. Anyone looking for the stereotypcal teen fan would have to look hard. I suspect that the majority attending would be over 40. Not sure what that says for the future of the genre....might make some publishers think.

However, I didn`t take my zimmer, and had a good time. I even approved of the Hugos this year.

But the star event for me would have to be the three lectures on the history of anime by Jonathan Clement, a man who could probably make the history of the Japanese water closet hugely entertaining, and who definitely belongs on my "if only I were 30 years younger" list . Obviously the word got round, and by the third day it was packed out. Great stuff.

I enjoyed myself. I like SF and the people who like it. And it once gave me my fifteen minutes of fame. Yes, it led to a TV feature on me! In prime time, too, on the Beeb - none of your 3am programming for insomniacs stuff.

More about this next time.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?