<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Saturday, November 06, 2004

FIREWORKS 

Fireworks alert last night - all dogs in a vast state of excitement, not sure what to do, but quite keen to start trouble, so they were put away quickly before they could decide that the best release of tension would be a fight.

Actually, I quite enjoy fireworks. The nearest to me are about half a mile away, in the towns up on the rim of the valley on either side of the river, and at the height of the frenzy the effect is of a ring of fire (or, if you close your eyes, the siege of Stalingrad). I stand outside and watch the free show, marvelling at the amount of money going up in smoke....

Yet again someone had got hold of some marine distress flares and the sky was turned lurid red. I have to report, however, that the lifeboat did not come up the Clyde to Hamilton to rescue them..............

Smoke was a problem - it soon began to pool in the valley and the cottage was smothered in a vast fog of cordite fumes, or whatever they put in them these days. I gave up and went in to watch indoors, and console Wild Thing, the old Crested lady, the only one really upset by the explosions.

Apologies for the huge spaces that crop up in this blog. They are not philosophical statements about the voids in my life - just something that Blogger does when you post. If I ever get on top of hmtl, I`ll get on top of this problem, perhaps.

I`ve written nothing about the American election? That`s right. They voted for it, they got it. God help them as they wander into a dark neocon winter....

As to Blair, he should simply follow my example.

Retire as soon as possible.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?