<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Saturday, June 12, 2004

CUTE AND CUDDLY  

I have to confess a secret - puppies really are cute. Disregard anything I said earlier. I have two litters of two puppies each, and at the moment they are at the devastatingly attractive stage, all innocent eyes and fluffy coats, ready to sell toilet paper anywhere

I play with them a lot. See, I`m not the hard old bag you thought I was. Marcus is little and brave and adorable, his brother Florian struts his stuff and occasionally explodes in rage like Donald Duck. (I chose the name Florian to piss off my showing friends, but have since discovered that to men it suggests a French footballer - I know more about the farside of the moon than football). Prudence is bossy and the brightest and Godzilla - well, he`s a big lad (1.5 kilos) and will make a good pet.

Either Marcus or Florian will be my next show male - my head says Florian, but my heart says Marcus.......


My head also says Blair is on the long slide out. He can`t be surprised at the English election results. He has two main problems. New Labour didn`t deliver on basic social problems like housing, roads and education - all the things you expect from Labour, new or not. And in addition Blair lied about Iraq. Well, all pols lie, but he has been well and truly found out, and that`s usually the end in his game.

MInd you, the alternative, a man whom I still see as an unreconstructed Thatcherite, is too terrible to think of......

I think I have posted a picture of Florian.

I thought I would spare you a picture of Blair, who would definitely not sell many toilet rolls these days.....
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?