<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Thursday, December 01, 2005

CHRISTMAS LOOMS... 

It`s true. It`s official. This is a woman who has absolutely and finally finished her Christmas shopping. It`s all sitting there in a big box, waiting to be wrapped.

I did an all-out day in Glasgow and shopped till I dropped, elbowing crowds and watching the sleet pinging off the naked midriffs of the fashionable young. I even got something for the cousin who was delighted two years ago by "Diseases of the Racing Pigeon Vol 1". (no, not vol 2).

Had more trouble finding something to wear at the parties. Everything I fancied was either over two hundred pounds or under size ten. Did you know that FCUK start their sizes at 6? That borders on obscene. 6! I`d need to buy something else for the other leg!

Meanwhile on the maternity ward, Tamara`s daughter is doing well. She is currently at the "how do I stand up?" stage. The front legs work well, but the back ones are completely unreliable, and she sits down suddenly rather a lot. She is vaguely aware that without control of all 4, the wonders of the world are closed to her, and is trying hard.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?